This week, Automattic passed a major milestone for its .blog domain acquisition – there are now over 100,000 .blog registrations.
Envato is also spoiled for cash, and Automattic shared some National Security Letters.
As usual, a bunch of tutorials and resources round out the rest of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- Does my WordPress Site Need to Use a CDN? – the answer is probably a yes!
- 100,000 .blog registrations – you still don’t encounter them very often, though.
- 7 Things I Learned at my First WordCamp – short but some nice thoughts if you’ve been considering a WordCamp.
- Envato has too much cash, so its staff will share its riches – I’m sure theme owners wouldn’t mind a different commission structure, too!
- Shining Light on National Security Letters – Automattic with some transparency.
- Pros and Cons of Using A Page Builder on Your WordPress Online Store – a BobWP podcast on an interesting topic.
- SiteLock Acquires Patchman’s Malware and Vulnerability Detection Technology, Expands WordPress Customer Base to 4 Million – SiteLock makes an acquisition.
- Patience & Understanding: Tips for Training Your Clients to Use WordPress – some tips from Eric.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How to Create a Product Comparison Table on WordPress for Free – these are especially important for affiliate sites.
- The Ultimate Guide To Free Trials For Premium WordPress Plugins And Themes – helpful if you sell WordPress products.
- How to Create Your Own SSL Certificate Authority for Local HTTPS Development – another one for the devs.
- Reduce Your WordPress Resource Usage By Hiding Your RSS Feed Link – a neat trick for reducing usage.
RESOURCES & FREEBIES
- The Best WordPress Themes with Sidebar Navigation [2017 Update] – an update of one of our older posts.
- Genesis vs PageLines: Which One Really Meets Your Needs? – a comparison of these two popular frameworks.
- 5 Best WordPress Caching Plugins to Speed Up Your Site – some of the best WordPress caching plugins.
- PeepSo Review: A Neat BuddyPress Alternative With Cool Ad Options – check this out if you’re looking to create any type of community site.
- Beaver Builder: A WordPress Developer’s Perspective – Fred’s perspective on Beaver Builder.
- Learn from WP Buffs how to set your maintenance business apart – an interview with Joe from WP Buffs.