WordPress 3.7 was just released, this version is named “Basie” and provides one major new feature: background updating. If you add a line to your WP Config, WordPress will update itself without you having to lift a finger: I love this and will be applying it to all my WP sites. You can read more about this release on the blog. Good job!
This is our (sort of ) weekly WordPress news roundup post, you can view previous news roundups on this tag. I also post frequent WordPress links on Twitter all week, follow WPLIft here if you are on Twitter. Our facebook page is growing nicely with over 2500 members now so please “Like” us on Facebook. Finally, I’m also on Pinterest so you can add me there as well.
WordPress News and Articles
- WordPress Acquisitions: A Tale of WordPress Businesses that Were Bought & Sold
- WordPress 3.7 “Basie”
- AppPresser: A foundation for using WordPress to make mobile apps
- Episode 53: Josh Strebel of Page.ly, PressNomics and Matt Report Pro
- Introducing Pressware – Custom WordPress Development and Services
- Interview with Vladimir Prelovac of ManageWP.org
- Why didn’t the White House use WordPress?
- Co-Creating A Better Support Experience
- Disrupting the WordPress Commercial Theme Marketplace
- Pricing WordPress Plugins (or “The Dangers of The App Store Model”)
- Attacking WordPress
- Red Hot WordPress Themes by Theme Furnace
Tutorials and How-Tos
- Ensuring Your Theme Has Retina Support
- WordPress Posts vs. Pages: Which is Best for Your Site
- Customizing the WordPress Admin – Listings Screens
- A Guide to the WordPress Theme Customizer: A Methodology for Sections, Settings, and Controls – Part 1
- Pulse: An Example WordPress Plugin Using the Heartbeat API
- How To Style Github Gist Code Embeds in WordPress
- How To Test WordPress On Tablets And Mobiles You Don’t Own