Welcome to the Weekly WordPress News, this week I can reveal the URL of the new blog I have been working on: Apptured.com. Apptured is an app review and tutorial blog covering Android, iPhone, Windows Phone, PC & Tablets – as you can see from the site I have used a modified version of the WPLift theme. I decided to use it to keep things consistent and I’m pleased with my design of theme – It does everything I need from a magazine / blog style layout. The blog will be getting a full launch next week once I have (a lot) more content added, you may also notice some familiar writers on there!
This is our (sort of ) weekly WordPress news roundup post, you can view previous news roundups on this tag. I also post frequent WordPress links on Twitter all week, follow WPLIft here if you are on Twitter. Our facebook page is growing nicely with over 2500 members now so please “Like” us on Facebook. Finally, I’m also on Pinterest so you can add me there as well.
WordPress News and Articles
- Why custom post types belong in plugins
- Theme template hooks are outdated
- Niche Themes: How to Research, Create, Sell
- WooThemes Acquires 8Bit
- The WordPress mobile app is ready for iOS7
- Episode 50: Systemizing your way to more revenue
- Obox Review: Lots of Control but Occasionally Complex
- Mike Schroder Interview
- WordPress Theme Updates and Semantic Versioning
Tutorials and How-Tos
- How to Create Custom Post Types & Taxonomies using the Free Types WordPress Plugin
- Encourage Social Reviews for your WordPress eCommerce Store with Yotpo
- Home Page and Front Page and Templates, Oh My!
- The WordPress Theme Customizer: When Live Preview Doesn’t Work
- A Detailed Guide on Setting up the WordPress SEO Plugin
- Communicating With the WordPress.org Plugin API
- Customizing the WordPress Admin: The Login Screen
- How to Optimize the WordPress Database
- Automatically Add Google Authorship To WordPress Posts With Jetpack 2.5