The UK is in the midst of a heatwave at the moment which is making it harder than usual to get work done when outside and a nice cold beer is so tempting! Despite that, this week I released a new theme at ThemeFurnace called “Gridster“. If you’re interested in any themes from there, I’m holding a Summer Sale which ends tuesday and gives you 60% off any purchase.
This is our (sort of ) weekly WordPress news roundup post, you can view previous news roundups on this tag. I also post frequent WordPress links on Twitter all week, follow WPLIft here if you are on Twitter. Our facebook page is growing nicely with over 2500 members now so please “Like” us on Facebook. Finally, I’m also on Pinterest so you can add me there as well.
WordPress News and Articles
- WordPress 3.6 Release Candidate
- Summer Sale Now on at ThemeFurnace: Get 60% Off
- Gridster Theme Launch: A Grid-Based Theme for Photographers
- Shortcodes Should Never Be Included With Themes. Period.
- Interview With The Founders of WPRemote
- BuddyPress 1.8 Released With Better Theming Capabilities
- How Lift is taking WordPress to the Emmy’s
- Scott Taylor Interview
- Thoughts on WordPress Pricing Models
- How BraveNewCode built a million dollar business from WPtouch
- ThemeShaper Re-Themed
- The High Price of Free WordPress Plugins
Tutorials and How-Tos
- How To: Enable Multiple Social Login in WordPress Using Free AddThis Plugin
- WordPress Typography: How to Add Google Fonts to Your WordPress Theme
- Get URL of any PHP file in WordPress
- Add Back HTML Tags Stripped From Content Limit Excerpts in WordPress
- How to Add a Floating Social Share Bar in WordPress
- How to Customize Your WordPress Theme With a Child Theme
- How to Move WordPress From Local Server to Live Site
- How to Change the Default Language in WordPress