This is our first free plugin release to the WordPress community: Super Refer a Friend. It’s a plugin which adds a new widget to your blog which allows readers to email the page they are on to a friend via a popup box. They can enter more than one email address and customise the message that is sent.
You can see an example of it in action on this blog, in the sidebar where it says “Send this Page to a Friend”.
You can download the plugin from WordPress.org
- Download the plugin
- Upload via ftp to domain.com/wp-content/plugins
- Or upload via WordPress admin Plugins >Add New > Upload
- Activate the plugin
- Visit Appearance > Widgets and you will see the “Super Refer a Friend” Widget, drag this to the desired location in your theme.
Once the plugin is installed and the widget placed, you will see this configuration screen :
- Title: This is the title of the Widget
- Captcha Char Num: The amount of characters in the Captcha
- Max Friend Emails: How many email addresses can be sent at once
- Message Body: The actual message that is sent by the plugin
- Max Message Size: How many characters can be sent in the Message body
- Max Time to send another Email: How often someone can send a message using the plugin (to prevent spam)
- Attribution link: Includes a link back to WPLift (optional)
You can customize the CSS used to display the widget, the main CSS file is located in: