I’m proud to announce the release of my first Free WordPress theme; Busby …
Busby is a clean personal blogging theme with it’s own options panel built with the UpThemes framework. I’ve been working on this for a while now, it’s quite a different experience building a theme which will be released publicly rather than one for my own or client’s use. There are a lot more things to take into account and lots more testing to do.
As with any first release, there will be some bugs to work out (if you find any, please let me know) and I have some more featured planned to add to the theme – custom widgets for things like displaying twitter and some shortcodes. I will update the theme as and when bugs are found and I plan to submit it to the WordPress theme repository.
Photos used in the demo are by my friend Tom Eversley, check out his portfolio if you need a creative / photographer.
- 2 Column Personal Blog Theme
- Theme Options Panel
- RSS Subscriber number displayed using FeedBurner
- Twitter, RSS and Facebook icons
- Featured Post Slider
- Built-in SEO Options
- Import / Export Settings
- Upload logo or display as Text
- Built-in Pagination
- Insert Footer Text
- Insert Tracking code (analytics etc)
- Complete Typography control (size & font using Google Web Fonts )
- Dark and Light StyleSheets included
Theme Options Panel
This theme is released under the GPL 2 License which means it is free to download and use for yourself or clients and modify it anyway you see fit.
Thankyou to the following who I have used various pieces of code from:
- HTML5 Boiler Plate
- UP Themes
- WP Featured Content Slider
- UItoTop Jquery Plugin
- Tom Eversley (photos on demo)